Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Lovely April Day in Provence


I took this photo at the close of an absolutely perfect day in Provence. My travel journal reminds me that I awoke the morning of 19 April 2007 with the feeling that the day should be spent simply exploring Goult. I let Mickey and Susan do their shopping 'thing' while I stayed home wandering the village. I visited every shop, wrote, read, and gleaned valuable information from the proprietress of Gatti about renting the adorable pink and blue house I've blogged about in the past. After lunching at Cafe de la Poste, I strolled thru the Goult cemetery taking pictures of interesting head stones. Yes, I know you think I'm a bit weird, but I love old cemeteries...so much history and human drama lies buried in them. I hiked down the trail that starts at the windmill heading towards the village of Traban. Steep and rocky the hike back up it was quite a challenge. Late afternoon found Mickey, Susan and I on a road trip to Joucas and Murs, where I bought three little pieces of pottery. The scented diffuser filled with lavender oil that I bought that afternoon now sits on its matching sage green saucer on the table next to my bed. Every night I swirl the oil, and the fragrance of Provence wafts over my pillow...what memories it evokes! The day ended with a picnic dinner of wine, cheese, olives and baguette on Patrick's terrace...one of my favorite picnic places. While we recapped the day, I spotted the orange and white tabby watching us from across the street and had to capture her on film. The house behind this window vignette was in the process of being renovated, but that didn't bother this Provencal tabby. It makes me sad that Patrick has since sold his house there in Goult. But I've learned that the house under renovation has been completed and is now available to rent for holidays. Wonder if it comes complete with cat??

1 comment:

Jientje said...

It's not the same cat I photographed in front of the red door of "our" pink house, I checked that out!
There are so many gorgeous cats in Provence, and they all have that royal " je ne sais quoi" look about them!
Joucas and Murs,more stunning villages ... I wish I could pack my suitcases now, for real, and not only in my dreams!
Loved this post Evelyn!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin