Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Favorite Teenager


Meet Chase, my 13 year old grandson. He's lying in Travis' front yard with Kuma and Rigby, his buddies for the short summer that he's here in Montana at his dad's. Tomorrow he leaves, flying back to New Hampshire and his mom and step-dad. School starts the end of the month, and he's excited about being in 8th grade. He'll enjoy this year of being Big Man on Campus; next year he starts all over at the bottom of the pecking order at Plymouth High School. Chase is the sweetest teen I know! Yes, he can be argumentative and mouthy...just ask his dad! But he's also a very loving boy. He's always been a hugger and a cuddler and even at 13, he still enjoys holding Grandma's hand or giving me a big squeeze. I hope he never gets too old for that; it makes my day! For now, he thinks he wants to be an architect when he grows up. I think he'd be good at that as he's very artistic. I'd love to take him to Paris and show him some of the world's greatest art and most beautiful buildings....some day!

2 comments:

Jientje said...

Oh yes, he does look sweet, but so does the little toddler in the previous post! You're one lucky girl, did you know that?
And I just know that one day your wishes will come true!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wouldn't that be neat to take him to Paris? He's grown up so much ... can't believe that's him.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin