Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My New Hero

This is Brian. He's my hero! He's also one of the flight nurses who works for me. Brian is one of those guys who can fix almost anything, so when he told me to bring my computer in for him to look at, I did. He took out a battery (who knew computers have batteries?) and replaced it. Total cost $1.45. And my computer works! I'm so thrilled to have it back...hard drive intact, cheap easy fix. So...hooray for Brian!! Now if I could only get the house electrical breaker that won't re-set fixed, the rear brake drums on my car replaced, the flood debris cleaned up from my yard, the pasture re-fenced, and win the lottery so I can make another trip to France, life would be so good. It feels like I go from one problem-solving event to the next in a never-ending cycle!

If you'd like to know more about the program I manage and my other awesome staff, click here.

3 comments:

Jientje said...

I keep my fingers crossed that your wish to win the lottery becomes a reality!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Congratulations Brian!

I followed the link to your website: amazing!

I can't think of an equivalent in France because here these services are public, not private - and would cost nothing to the patient.

Evelyn said...

Nathalie...in the States, some emergency air medical programs are state operated, but most are either hospital or community based. Our hospital is a not-for-profit, but we do bill patients' insurance for our service. Often our charges are written off. Healthcare is very expensive in the US. Without sounding too political, I hope our next President will make healthcare reform a priority. As a nurse, I can tell you that being a flight nurse (I've done that here in Des Moines and in Denver, CO) is the BEST job ever in nursing! Yes, I'm an adrenalin-junkie!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin