Saturday, August 30, 2008

Doors


My Belgium blogger friend, Jientje, has issued a challenge for her regular readers....doors. She loves to photograph doors; they intrigue her. So, for the next week, she's invited us to post about doors. The challenge actually begins on Monday, but I've decided to offer a preview of the doors I'll blog about....French doors. Not your Americanized version of French doors...those multi-paned double doors that swing open onto your patio or sunroom...but rather real doors photographed in my two favorite France-places, Paris and Provence. I'll share some beautiful doors as well as some unusual ones. The unusual ones begin with this photo taken from inside my B&B in Goult. There was a normal door leading from the living room out into the garden, but it was very warm the afternoon I took this picture, and Dani had opened the glass door, leaving in place this 'door' of beautiful, thick netting appliqued with grapevines. The breeze could circulate, but the bugs could not; they stayed where they belonged--in the garden! The netting billowed with each breeze and made a charming alternative to a screen door. Come visit my blog tomorrow and I'll share the door that opens into my lovely 'home' when I visit Goult...La Treille.
Go to Jientje's blog, Heaven in Belgium, for more on doors and to see her great photography.

1 comment:

Jientje said...

Geeee!!!! Thannnks!!!!! Awesome!
What a great prélude to my doors challenge!!! I'm soooo glad you want to join in! This is very special to me, given how we "met" each other!
I love the take on the theme as well, it's "a door", but not a "real" door!! I love this, thanks!!!

You know, this is going to be so much fun, I can feel it!!!
You made me very happy with this post!
Big hug xxx

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin