Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday/Dimanche

Sigh! I've spent this weekend intensely missing my grandsons and France. Since I have a Montana visit planned to see both Parker and Chase the first part of August, I've decided to indulge my other longing this morning...France. I'm definitely going through withdrawal...no trip planned, memories fading, huge sighs every time I read my favorite French blogs. What to do? Dig out the travel journal, of course. I flip it open to...

15 April 2007 Dimanche Goult
"I'm sitting here in the shadow of Baron Goult's castle in a tiny public park-never saw this on my last trip. I am going to live in this village-don't ask me how, but it's going to happen!"

I go on to describe a very busy day: markets at both Coustellet and Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, an artisan fair in Roussillon, meeting up with Susan and Steven, visiting the Goult epicerie for postcards. And no journal entry is complete without mentioning food:
"Dinner at the new restaurant in town--Le Carillon--owned by Martine from Belgium. Light meal of salad (shrimp with shredded zucchini) and dessert (vanilla ice cream drizzled with hot, melted Belgian chocolate). Yummy!"

And above--a picture of the church in Goult framed by lovely yellow iris and the square's plane tree, not yet leafed out. Eglise de Saint-Sebastien was built in the 12th century in the Romanesque style. It anchors the bottom of the village much like the windmill and Baron Goult's castle secure the top.

My last entry of the day: "I love Goult and I will live here!"

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

You need to find a way to live in France ... you love it so much!

Jientje said...

Sigh!!!!!
Only 48 more weeks!
Ohhh, how I long to be there again too!

How funny, you visit both Coustellet and l'Isle on Sundays, just as we do too! I love Coustellet market, it's the best market I've ever found for fresh fruits and vegetables!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin