Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Blue Sky Living

From northern Africa to the South of France! My life feels like a travel wish-list lately! Blue Sky Living takes us back to the Luberon, one of my favorite travel destinations. And the journey to land of blue sky living started with a friend in Texas. How did that happen, you ask? Connections, of course. My Texas connection is my friend, Randi, who 'owns' the Dukes' and Duchesses blogspot. She's a wonderful blogger, and she's the one who convinced me that I, too, could create a blog. Creating my own blog got me interested in other blogs out there. On a particularly boring day at work, I googled blogs from Provence and discovered Extremely Pale Rose, a blog by a Brit living in Provence who sells rose wine in the village markets throughout the Luberon. Excited to connect with someone who lives right there in my favorite place, I shot an email off to Jamie Ivey: blogger, author, wine merchant, and former London attorney. We exchanged thoughts, I bought and read his book, "Extremely Pale Rose," and then reviewed it in a blog entry. It's been fun to keep connected to Provence this way.



In one of Jamie's emails he explained a project he was working on...a magazine about 'our' part of Provence. Perhaps this would help support the family during the cold winter months when market sales of rose wine dwindle. I signed up for a free copy, and last week it arrived! A beautifully done, professional quality publication, full of good writing, glorious pictures, and fun adventures. Even reading the advertisements is entertaining since they're from villages and towns that I've visited! The Immobilier (real estate) in Goult even has an ad. It's been such a delight holding this magazine in my hands and re-living my Provencal memories!



So...from a Texas friend to the blog-o-sphere to slick and beautiful Blue Sky Living...it's all about connections.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Aw, thanks for the mention ... you're such a writer that it's only fitting that you should be blogging. I love reading your posts and traveling vicariously through you!

Can you get Edith to start blogging too? :)

Evelyn said...

Edith would be a wonderful blogger. The problem is she is 'homeless' and doesn't have regular access to a computer right now. I think she should write a book about her camp experiences this summer and illustrate it with her photos!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great idea - I'll buy it!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin