Monday, July 7, 2008

A New Look


I've been inspired to change and voila....a new look for my blog! What inspired me? A woman in Belgium and a magazine. The woman in Belgium signs her blog, Heaven in Belgium, as "jientje." You'll have to read thru her blog archives to discover how she got that nickname. Jientje and I 'met' when I responded to a blog entry she made about Goult, and we found out that we both love that little village and in particular, share a love for the same colorful Provencal house there. Jientje's blog is full of the most beautiful photos. Her blog banner was love purple pansies, but today I found the pansies changed to flowering artichokes. I never knew artichokes could be so beautiful!
And the magazine inspiration? The August edition of Veranda. On the cover is a luscious photo of Monet's Japanese garden at Giverny. If you buy the magazine, be sure to read the article inside about Monet's passion for painting and gardening. I made my visit to Giverny in September and so missed the wisteria and tulips in bloom. The magazine pictures simply took my breath away. And I was so pleased to see my favorite rooms from inside the house featured. The yellow dining room is spectacular! As I toured the house, I lingered several minutes in that happy room and watched as others entered. Everyone...even the grumpiest tourist...broke into a smile as they came into this bright, cheery space. What a wonderful place to share a meal with family.
Thinking about purple pansies, purple artichokes, and Monet's garden made me remember the lovely wisteria that I photographed last spring in Provence. Change is good; change to purple is even better. Let me know if you like the change.

3 comments:

Jientje said...

I do!!! I love it!
You made me blush Evelyn, to think that I have inspired YOU!!
I have some pictures of the house in Goult, maybe I should e-mail them to you? I don't have much though, there were two ugly cars parked in front of it, and I could not get a good general picture. It seemed locked up too. But I do have some great ones of the front door, with a very cute cat lying on her back, lazy as can be!
Thanks for this lovely lovely post!

Isabelle said...

I like the new look of your blog, Evelyn, feels like summer... (Here in Paris we have a beginning of summer that is more like the beginning of Fall). The yellow dining room in Giverny is so beautiful too, I love it! The whole place is enchanting, really.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love your new look! When I first clicked on, I thought I was on the wrong page. Very cheery and summery.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin