Thursday, July 29, 2010

Letters, We Get Letters...

We get lots and lots of letters! During the long, busy days of my Cursillo weekend, there was at least one break for 'letters.' While the facilitator read letters from literally all over the world written by other Cursillo communities in support of our weekend, personal letters were delivered to each of us. These are a sampling of what I received....letters of love and support from friends at St. Timothy's. The very first one I opened was from the young woman whom I mentored through her Confirmation process! She's spending her summer in Baltimore having surgery and doing physical therapy to lenghten one leg which is a bit shorter than the other. I received a card from her all three days! Do I need to tell you that each one brought tears to my eyes? Every card and note was personal and special to me. I feel truly blessed by care and friendship I received.

PS...unless you're as old as I am, you might not know that the title of this entry and its first sentence are from the Perry Como Show theme song. He got letters requesting songs; I got letters of love!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that. The letters were one of my favorite things about the teen weekends I did. It's amazing to get so many letters from friends and even strangers.

Stacy Wills said...

what loveliness...especially in an age where real mail is rare.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin