Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jamestown, Colorado

I spent the first three days of my time away at a customer conference put on by our aircraft vendor, Air Methods. They held it in the very nice Westin Tabor Center in downtown Denver and spared no expense wining and dining us. It's always nice to be treated well, but my favorite part of the trip was the final four days.

I spent Wednesday afternoon, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday visiting my friend, Edith, who was house-sitting in the tiny town of Jamestown. Located about 20 minutes up the mountain outside of north Boulder, it's just a cute little place. We stayed in the lovely red house, ate dinner one night at the Merc, and spent our mornings walking Sonny, the house Golden Retriever.

The best part of the house was actually James Creek that formed the border of the backyard. I slept with my bedroom window open and listened to it rushing over the rocks on its way down the mountain to Boulder. It sounded so refreshing!

I managed to squeeze in visits with several friends as well as a trip to my favorite place in Boulder, the Boulder Bookstore. If you're ever in Boulder, it's a stop you must make. Support for independent, locally owned bookstores is so important. This bookstore doesn't disappoint either. It has a huge children's section, many shelves devoted to local interest books, and is attached to a great little coffee shop. Check it out!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I really need to get back to Colorado one of these days ... the trip just isn't quite as appealing with the little ones! Glad you're back ... I missed your blog! :)

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin