Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chocolate and Zucchini

I was listening to NPR this morning as I always do while eating breakfast, and I heard a delightful report from Paris. Ari Shapiro interviewed Clothilde Dusoulier about bakeries in Paris and the perfect French baguette. Ah, the memories it evoked! I could almost smell the fragrant aroma of fresh baked bread and my mouth watered as the two of them broke off a bit of baguette with its familiar crunchy sound. They munched and raved about the fabulous taste, and I was right there with them savoring the gustatory memory. The background conversation of Clotilde greeting the shop keeper with her sing-song "Bonjour Madame" and her "Au revoir. Merci" as they left each shop left me yearning for another Parisian adventure. For now, though, I'll have to be content with listening to the radio and purchasing Clotilde's latest book, Edible Adventures in Paris. And I've already added Clotilde's blog to my favorites list. Check it out, Chocolate and Zucchini!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great title for that blog - I'm on my way to check it out!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin