Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Big Disappointment

I don't think I'm cut out to be a real estate tycoon. My deal with the sellers of the Victorian fell through today. It's a long story, but pivots around a big mistake by the realtor (theirs, not mine) and another offer by someone who did not have to sell a house to close the deal. They accepted that offer. Even if their realtor had not made the $12,000.00 mistake on the Estimate of Proceeds, I would have probably lost this house, but I think the fact that the seller was furious about it didn't help my case. I know the sellers were anxious to get this done with. After all their house has been on the market since last July! This doesn't make me feel any less disappointed, tho.

So, it's back to the drawing board. I love that neighborhood, so I'll continue to look for something to buy there. My house will remain on the market. Whenever things like this happen, I always try to remind myself that there is probably a reason for things NOT working out. Tonight, tho, it just feels kind of sad. Thanks to all of you who sent good thoughts!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so sad for you ... what a disappointment! I hope something quaint and perfect comes along soon. Will you keep your current house on the market?

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin