Friday, April 11, 2008

The Adventure Continues....

The house selling/buying adventure continues. I've listed my property, and my agent, Greg, has put up the 'For Sale' sign in my yard. It's a really funny feeling..the whole world knows my business! and it feels a little creepy that pictures of my house are circulating on the Iowa Realty website. I need to let go of all that...this is the way business is done these days. But really...how weird that people will be traipsing through my little house being critical of my taste and peeking into my closets!

I've made an offer on the Victorian; they've counter-offered; I've offered again. This is the dance you do, I guess. And yes, I want the Viking stove!! And they know that! Again, I need to breathe and let it go. This is not personal, it's business. The picture above is the living room with its lovely fireplace. Beyond the funny looking couch (not sure what that is exactly), you can see the formal parlor, and around the corner of the fireplace, there's a tiny view of the dining room. I'm taking today off from work to finish organizing closets and straightening drawers here at home. Someone is bound to peek, you know!

3 comments:

Isabelle said...

I hope that you can buy the Victorian house! There is something special with it that I really like (according to the pictures of it that I saw). It is probably the "historical" and authentic feeling that it gives.
Good luck with selling your house!

Jientje said...

Ewwww!!! Selling a house, the most dreadful year in my life that was!
I hope everything passes real fast, and that you can move into the new one soon!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Hope you sell the farm quickly ... the Victorian looks so neat! I'm excited for you and hope that everything falls into place.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin