Saturday, April 19, 2008

19 April 2007


A year ago today I was in the midst of a lovely sojourn in the south of France. The weather was warm and clear, very unlike the weather here in Iowa today which is wet, grey and dismal. According to my travel journal, 19 April 2007 was "...a totally good day. I simply wandered around the village. I hiked down the trail toward Traban to get a feel for what Camille experienced walking up to Goult to discover her story." And who, you might ask, is Camille? She is the main character in the novel I've started. It's set in the Luberon and in Paris; it spans the century of Camille's life...1900 to 2000. And just what is Camille's story? It's a story of love, lust, faith and God spiced up with war, assassination and Resistance! Most of it is still in my head...I've only written a few chapters...but I spent this day a year ago snapping shots of Camille's world....








Did Camille walk the steep path up into Goult on the Chemin des Soeurs? What was she thinking as she climbed up into the strange village in search of the real story of her birth?











When she passed the Virgin looking down on her from the convent wall, did Camille cross herself and re-dedicate her life to the Blessed Mother?








Were any of these men Camille's playmates in the early years when she was allowed to leave the convent and enjoy the normal life of a child??








Are you intrigued by Camille's story? You'll have to buy the book!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm thrilled you're writing your novel ... I'm sure it'll be a best-seller. I want a signed copy!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin