Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shadows

Lots going on with 'shadows' this week. I'm participating in an online photography class called "Eyes of the Heart" that has a contemplative and spiritual theme to it. I've been 'receiving' photos of shadows all week and sharing them with other class members along with my thoughts on my shadow side. I posted one photo over Dona Nobis Pacem. All this shadow talk reminded me of some photos I took during my month in France last year. I decided to record my presence by catching my shadow image at various places I visited. So, that's me standing on the seawall in Collioure with the beautiful azure Mediterranean lapping at the rocks below. This idea of recording my presence was inspired by a conversation I had with another photographer who told me that she always takes a photo of her own feet at her travel destinations. Feet would work, but I think a shadow is so much more mysterious, don't you?

1 comment:

Jientje said...

I agree! I love this picture Evelyn!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin