Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Final Chapter?

I awoke to a blanket of fog covering the valley outside my window with just the very tops of the village houses peeking through it. I showered quickly and went down to breakfast which was much less formal than dinner the night before. Pilgrims wandered in as they awoke; I snagged a cup of coffee, two slices of baguette, and a little dish of yogurt. I heard the bells toll 7am and knew they would soon announce Morning Prayer at 7:30am, so I made my way to the Church. Back in my room afterwards, I stripped the bed and deposited the linen where I had been instructed, did a final check, and closed the door behind me. Dropping my key with a number of others in a basket by the front door, I left my pilgrim lodgings. The fog was beginning to lift as I walked up to my car. I was leaving, but I was determined to keep my pilgrim persona for a while longer. Was this the final chapter of the 'Pilgrim Imposter' story? I don't think so!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin