Thursday, July 2, 2009

Still or Moving?

Yes, I know it's weird, but I frequently ask those close to me this question: "Which to you prefer....still or moving water?" There's no doubt in my mind which I prefer...moving water, hands down. This beautiful little waterfall is only one of several in the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens in Vail, CO. It made my soul sing to stand on the bridge and listen to the rushing water and feel a tiny bit of its spray brush my face. I love moving water in all its forms...crashing waves on coastal rocks, the gentle lapping of the ocean on smooth, sandy beaches, the gurgling of a tiny brook through an alpine meadow or the rush of icy snowmelt over alluvial rocks left by glaciers long melted. Moving water refreshes me. It matches the restless nature of my soul as it seeks new experiences, new adventures, new ways of being. Which do YOU prefer...moving or still??

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin