Sunday, July 26, 2009

Victoria's Table

I helped my friend, Karen, set up her booth at the West Glen Farmer's Market yesterday morning. While Karen also sells at the downtown market, this one in West Glen is much handier for me. It's closer, and it doesn't open until 10am which works better for me as well. This is the second time I've been Karen's set-up assistant. It's an enjoyable 'chore,' and earns me a jar of jam in payment. Karen's jams and jellies are awesome. She currently has 34 different varieties in stock, every one a winner! Helping her has given me a whole new appreciation for people who make their living working the Farmer's Market circuit. It's WORK, and I've only helped with a tiny bit of it. Once we're set up, Karen's on her own for the selling and the taking down parts. And the cleaning up...see all those little jam-tasting containers? They all have to be washed and dried along with the spoons, empty sample jars and the linens once the day is done. Victoria's Table doesn't have a website, but if you're interested in what jam and jelly flavors Karen has in stock, you can email her at kvheege@hotmail.com What kind did I pick for my reward? Raspberry with Melange du Chamonix tea....tres yummy!

4 comments:

Britt-Arnhild said...

Blackberry jam.......tempting :-)

Isabelle said...

All those flavors look wonderful, I'd like to test them all!!

Jientje said...

Now THAT sounds delicious! I LOVE making jam myself, but I don't eat enough of it. I still have a lot of stock from when I was in Provence last year, so this year, I skipped. Jealously looking at other people carrying plateaus of fresh fruit to make jam.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Yum! I love the colors in her display.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin