Friday, June 13, 2008

Floods of 2008

I haven't been ignoring my blog; I've just been pre-occupied with the weather and the news. Iowa has been slammed by violent storms with heavy rainfall the past couple of weeks. Now all the major rivers in the state are flooding. They've just issued a voluntary evacuation order for downtown Des Moines; Cedar Rapids and Iowa City are already in the midst of the biggest flood events in history. They're calling this the "500 Year Flood." I'd hoped to have a picture to post, but none right now.

I'm fine at my place. It just needs to dry out enough so I can mow the lawn. And I'm getting really tired of muddy little paw prints on the back porch. I need to teach Lucie to clean up after herself. More later....

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I've been thinking about you so much and hoping you're staying dry. The weather news from Iowa is terrible. Has your hospital been affected?

Evelyn said...

My hospital in DSM has not been affected except that there have been voluntary evacations of residential areas that affect employees. All non-essential personnel were asked to leave early today...that's me! Don't know if I like being 'non-essential' but it got me home early!Besides I'm always on call 24/7 anyway being in management. The pictures of the countryside are pretty incredible.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin