Saturday, April 17, 2010

More from the Arb


During last weekend's visit to Bartlett Arboretum, I took some audio/video clips of the Wichita Caledonian Pipes & Drums hoping to give you a taste of their wonderful bagpipes. After fiddling with Blogger most of yesterday trying to get it to upload, I finally was convinced that all those folks who have complained about not being able to upload videoes on their blogs since the first of the year were right; I could not get anything to upload! So...here are some other memories from my magical weekend. I really didn't want this couple on the bridge, but clicked this just as they shared a quick kiss. I think it's much more interesting than the one I took with the bridge empty. Note to self: people in a photo aren't always a bad thing. In fact, I should include people more in my photos!
This lovely little tree is called a 'Weeping Peach.' I've never seen one before. It has beautiful blossoms.
And of course....the tulips were beautiful! Robin commented several times during the weekend how unusual it is for everything to come into bloom at once. Because of the winter's weather weirdness, the tulips, daffodils, dogwoods, redbuds and lilacs were all blooming at the same time. Her thought is they all got together and discussed their 100th birthday celebration and decided they all needed to be in their Sunday best for it! And just  in case you're tired of all that pink...here's a jolt of blue!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin