Saturday, January 10, 2009

Black and White

Ansel Adams and Georgie O'Keeffe were both inspired by the churches of northern New Mexico. They fascinate me as well. There's something about their solid, geometric shapes that I find comforting. They look peaceful and ageless. I also love the black and white contrasts of Adams' photography; the play of dark against light is very mysterious to me. The Adams images in "Natural Affinities" illustrate his love of nature as well as his attraction to these adobe structures. After reading the book, I was inspired, too. I won't share my feeble watercolor efforts, but if you're interested in my literary interpretation of the mystery of black and white, you can click here to visit my other blog, Dona Nobis Pacem.

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin