Saturday, March 15, 2008

Vintage Victorian

It's funny how life is. One minute you're driving to work fretting over how in the world you're ever going to find a job in Montana or Colorado or back in California and the next minute you're enthralled with a vintage Victorian house that's walking distance to the hospital where you work. This is the house; it's for sale, and I might be able to buy it! A lot of things would have to fall into place for this to happen....like I'd have to sell my acreage for the right price, etc....but I believe I could make this little gem my home. It's about the same size as the house I have now, and it's been meticulously restored by the judge and his wife who currently own it. Not that I like Victorian very much, but I could make it work. I could park my car in the detached two-car garage and walk to work...it's only about 4 blocks. At the current price of gas that would be a real blessing. The yard is postage-stamp size (quite a change from 12 acres---would this make me crazy?), but it's been landscaped beautifully with a tiny pond and trickling water spout as well as a little footbridge in back. My favorite thing about this house is the almost brand-new Viking gas stove in the kitchen...a cook's dream!

I'll keep you posted on this adventure. If you'd like to see a slide show of this house, click here.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow! That looks really great. You sound pretty serious about it. Keep us posted.

About the header: go into the layout portion of your blog, click on "edit" in the header block, and it'll show you where you can import a photo or whatever. You may have to alter the size to get it to fit properly. Let me know if it doesn't work.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin