Monday, October 5, 2009

Re-entry


I couldn't have picked a better day to re-enter the work world after my vacation. Our new aircraft arrived today! So inspite of the 587 emails in my inbox, it was a totally fun day. We had the official unveiling of the helicopter and the Blank Children's Hospital new pediatric ambulance in the morning complete with speeches by our CEO and Medical Directors. There was an official ribbon-cutting ceremony with pediatric transport patients and our own Life Flight pilot, Tim Harmer who was transported by Life Flight when he was a young construction worker, doing the honors. There were refreshments and tours for the public and hospital employees. In the afternoon we flew members of the media around town. It was an emotional day for me. In thirty years of service, this is Life Flight's first upgrade in aircraft. It's the culmination of two years of hard work by a dedicated team who began by requesting proposals from various HEMS vendors, selecting an aircraft and then presenting a proposal to Senior Administration that convinced that our patients could be better cared for and flown more safely in this helicopter. Once approved it took many more hours of work to plan the interior and exterior. When this beautiful helicopter touched down skids today on our helipad, it was like a dream come true. As I told my crew..."I can die happy now....it's finally here!"

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What an exciting day. I know that was a long time coming.

Trubes said...

Wow Evelyn, what a wonderful day you had.
I enjoyed reading that!

Congratulations on all your efforts.

Di.x

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin