Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


One of the things I love best about the United States is our diversity. This picture snapped the end of June in Vail illustrates that perfectly. There is Old Glory leading the parade of the worlds' flags atop a balcony loaded with flowers. This scene was at a local cafe, but it shows the international flavor of my favorite Rocky Mountain village. The sun didn't shine here in Iowa today...steady rain fell until mid-morning and it's remained cool, cloudy and breezy all day. The grey weather doesn't dim my enthusiasm for this holiday, though. I'll celebrate tonight with a glass of wine, a hot fudge sundae, and a multiple of sparklers on the back deck! Oh yeah...and the Boston Pops concert turned up full blast. Happy birthday, America!

2 comments:

Isabelle said...

This photo of a chalet reminds me of the several summer vacations I spent in the French Alps when I was younger.
I love chalets!!

Hope you had a nice 4th of July, Evelyn! (I sent you an e-card for the occasion, hope that you received it).

Evelyn said...

Isabelle...no e-card arrived! Wonder what happened? My PC crashed and I don't have your email in my netbook. I'm thinking about my Paris trip the weekend of Sept.19th...can you meet for lunch that day?

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin