Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday, and I've been thinking a lot about age lately. Like do calendar years really equate with physical, emotional, or spiritual years? and how old to I feel exactly? I think 37, maybe 40...what do you mean, I'm 61 years old today? That simply can't be!!

I guess the question is: at what age is someone supposed to stop having dreams and goals and plans or at least modify them to accommodate stiff knees, sagging skin, and squinting to see in the dark? Here's my answer: it's much, much older than 61!!

Two years ago my brother, Walt, sent me a birthday card which I've kept posted where I can see it everyday. Here's what he wrote at the bottom..."Remember 59 is a good number. '59 was the year of Dad's first new car (remember that one?) So, just think of yourself as a classic getting more valuable every year." Who else but Walt can compare me to an old car...and make me feel cherished? And for the record...that new 1959 automobile was a luscious red Chevy convertible! Who could complain about being compared to that?

Happy Birthday to me!!!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin