Saturday, December 6, 2008

Red Bell Farm, Parisian Style

I'm buying my first piece of 'real' art! Not a print, not a copy, not a poster...a real piece of art from a real artist, Mary Blake. I first discovered Mary's blog, Painting Paris, via another favorite blog, Polly-Vous Francais. Polly made mention of Mary, and I checked out her blog. I even made a comment or two which I think intrigued Mary. Who is this person in Iowa and how did she find me??? I love Mary's style which I think is described as 'abstract impressionism.' It's lively and colorful and that really appeals to me. Recently Mary has updated her website, Mary Blake Art, and as I scrolled through her online catalog, I came across this small watercolor entitled Red Bell Farm. Mais oui, bien sur....I had to buy it! Mary and I are currently exchanging emails, trying to figure out how to make this trans-Atlantic purchase happen.

Update: my art should be in the mail on Monday. We're still working on the money exchange thing. I'm thrilled!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That is fantastic! I love the piece and love the name!

Jientje said...

What a coincidence!! I can believe you HAD to buy it!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin